InhaTarget Therapeutics has dedicated facilities to perform early stage preclinical development, from in vitro cell culture to ex vivo and in vivo preclinical studies (cell culture in sterile environment L2, animal facilities with rodents, in vivo imaging techniques*)
The main POC services delivered by InhaTarget Therapeutics cover:
- In vitro biocompatibility, cytotoxicity, pro-inflammation and tolerance on many human lung cell lines such as bronchial (Calu-3), alveolar (A549) and macrophage (THP-1) cell lines using lactate deshydrogenase activity, MTT assay and the measure of transepithelial electrical resistance (TEER) through Calu-3 monolayer cultivated in air-liquid interface.
- Expertise in various routes of treatment administration in rodents (pulmonary and nasal delivery as drug solution and dry powders, intraperitoneal, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous) and organ, blood and broncho-alveolar lavage fluid (BALF) collection.
- Tolerance in rodents: cytotoxicity and pro-inflammatory cells and biomarkers in broncho-alveolar lavage fluids (BALFs) (LDH activity, total and differential cell count, ELISA, FACS, total protein quantification), lung histopathology.
- Pharmacokinetic study in rodents (pulmonary and systemic PK)
- Development of representative preclinical animal models (e.g. lung cancer, lung tumor, asthma, COPD, aspergillus)